Since 1973, the Boston Area Rape Crisis Center (BARCC) has been a leader in the movement to end sexual violence. BARCC empowers survivors of sexual violence to heal and provides education and advocacy for the social change needed to create cultures that prevent sexual violence. We rely on our dedicated, brilliant staff to do this important work, and our team is growing!
At BARCC, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and are always seeking to learn from diverse people in order to continually build a more inclusive work environment.
BARCC strives to represent the communities we serve and values the interest of diverse candidates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
BARCC is supported by roughly 40 staff members and over 200 dedicated volunteers. Half of our current staff started in this field by volunteering or interning at BARCC or another rape crisis center. Find out more about volunteering or interning with BARCC.
What we offer
- The opportunity to make meaningful change and improve the lives of others through mission-driven work, at all levels of the organization.
- The most compassionate, supportive, and fun-loving colleagues around—who will shower you with warm welcomes, funny memes, and regular shout-outs for your contributions.
- An investment in your health, well-being, and professional development through competitive benefit offerings (see below!), generous time off policies, dedication to mental health and proactively managing vicarious trauma, and professional development funds and opportunities.
Comprehensive benefits package for full-time staff
- 3 weeks vacation per year during first two years, 30-day accrual rollover allowance (4 weeks after two years, 5 weeks after eight years)
- 18 sick days per year, 45-day accrual rollover allowance
- 12 holidays off, plus two alternative holidays of choice
- 80% paid health insurance, choice of carriers and plans
- 70% paid dental insurance, choice of carriers and plans
- 100% paid short-term and long-term disability
- 100% paid life insurance (equivalent to salary)
- Family medical and parental leave
- Pre-tax deductions
- Voluntary supplemental insurance (vision, accident, life, critical illness, pet)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for 24-7 support
- Professional development: $250 allowance per year