Starting Monday, the Boston Area Rape Crisis Center is now accepting submissions for T-shirt designs for the annual Walk for Change to End Sexual Violence. Show off your creativity—your design could be chosen as the official Walk for Change T-shirt worn by over 1,500 participants this April!
Contest opens: Monday, December 19
Deadline for submissions (extended!): Wednesday, February 1, 5:00 p.m. EST
Winning design (selected by the Walk Committee) announced: Monday, February 13
Update February 2, 2017: The semifinalist and public voting round as well as finalist announcement has been eliminated due to limited submissions pool.
Power of You: Supporting All Survivors
Official Walk for Change messaging
Take action to end sexual violence!
The first step starts with you. Will you walk with us?
You have the power to show all survivors the support they deserve!
Official Walk hashtags:
Design and submission guidelines
- Design must be inspired by the Walk for Change and the Boston Area Rape Crisis Center’s mission to end sexual violence through healing and social change.
- Design will appear on the front of a white shirt, in no more than two colors, and may not exceed 12” wide by 12” high.
- It is not a requirement that the BARCC logo be used in the design; those wishing to use a logo should refer to the Facebook album for the contest for approved logos.
- Your design must be wholly original. By submitting a design you are guaranteeing that you hold the rights to everything in it and that it does not contain any copyrighted material.
- Designs must be appropriate and not offensive; they may not contain profane or otherwise suggestive language.
- Formatting for submission: It’s best if you create your design in Photoshop, Illustrator, or another professional design program. Submit entries as medium-resolution JPEG or pdf files. Please be prepared to submit the original Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop file in the case your artwork is chosen. Design must be easy to reproduce by silkscreen. We reserve the right to make adjustments to the winning design.
- Photograph submissions will not be accepted.
- Submissions must include a valid e-mail address.
- You must be 18 years or older to submit an entry. If you’re under 18, designs must be submitted by a parent or guardian.
Please enter your design using this Google form; all information is required to enter.
Up to three different designs will be accepted per person, but they must be submitted as separate entries.
In addition to bragging rights, the grand prize winner will receive special recognition on the BARCC website, Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram, and other event communications. The winner and one guest are also eligible to register for the Walk for Change at no cost and will receive two free T-shirts and a framed T-shirt as a keepsake.
For their participation, all design semifinalists will receive a $10 discount to register for the Walk for Change. Finalists will receive a $15 discount to register for the Walk.
Winning submission will be announced on February 13. By submitting a design, you are agreeing to all contest rules. For questions regarding the contest, please contact Lauren Siebal at events [at] barcc.org or call our offices at 617-492-8306.