Advocating for social change in a community of passionate individuals reminds me every day that it is possible to love your work and look forward to going into the office.
We are committed to having a staff that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. BARCC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, age, disability, mental illness, genetic status or predisposition, sexual orientation, marital status, active military status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
BARCC is supported by approximately 35 staff members and more than 190 dedicated volunteers. Half of our current staff started in this field by volunteering or interning at BARCC or another rape crisis center. Find out more about volunteering or interning with BARCC.
Comprehensive benefits package for full-time staff:
- 3 weeks vacation per year during first two years, 30-day accrual rollover allowance (4 weeks after two years, 5 weeks after eight years)
- 18 sick days per year, 45-day accrual rollover allowance
- 12 holidays off, plus two alternative holidays of choice
- 80% paid health insurance, choice of carriers and plans
- 70% paid dental insurance, choice of carriers and plans
- 100% paid short-term and long-term disability
- 100% paid life insurance (equivalent to salary)
- Family medical and parental leave
- Pre-tax deductions
- Voluntary supplemental insurance (vision, accident, life, critical illness, pet)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for 24-7 support
- Professional development: $250 allowance per year
24-hour hotline: 800.841.8371